How to Bake Cake in Air Fryer – in Just 6 Steps
Baking cakes in an air fryer is a great way to get deliciously crispy, golden brown results without all the added fat and calories.
How to bake a cake in an air fryer?
- Start by preheating your air fryer to the desired temperature setting. You may need to experiment with different temperatures and cooking times to find the perfect settings for your cake recipe.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients for your cake batters, such as flour, sugar, baking powder, and any other spices or flavorings you would like to add.
- Next, stir in the wet ingredients, such as eggs, milk or buttermilk, melted butter or oil, and any flavor extracts you might like to use in your cake recipe. Be sure to mix everything until it is well combined and smooth.
- Grease your air fryer basket with small cooking oil, then pour your cake batter into the basket.
- Close the air fryer lid and cook your cake for the recommended time and temperature setting, checking it periodically to ensure that it is baking evenly and not burning on any sides.
- Once baking your cake, remove it from the air fryer and cool it before serving.
The above are just 6 basic steps to get the cake from the air fryer. Get ready and come to the recipe for more special cakes!
More air fryer dessert recipes
How to make air fryer lemon cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- Preheat your air fryer to 350F and lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking oil or nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until fully incorporated, then stir in the lemon juice.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared air fryer basket and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, and the cake is golden brown on top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, topped with fresh berries, whipped cream, or your favorite frosting if desired.
Air fryer Cheesecake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) of cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted butter until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased springform pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1-1/4 cup sugar until fluffy and smooth. Beat in the eggs, vanilla extract, and flour until fully combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust in the springform pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Set the springform pan inside your air fryer basket, then close the lid and bake for 20-25 minutes or until just set in the center (the edges will be slightly puffed). Carefully remove from the air fryer and cool to room temperature before serving.
Dutch apple crumble pie in the air fryer
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
- 3 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Mix flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Work in the butter with your hands or a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Place the sliced apples in a large bowl and toss them with lemon juice. Transfer to an air fryer-safe dish that fits inside your basket (such as a pie plate or small cake pan). Sprinkle with brown sugar. Top with the crumble topping.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F and place the dish with the apples inside. Close the lid and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the crumble is golden brown and the juices are bubbling up around the edges. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Tips and Tricks to bake a cake in the air fryer
- To bake a cake in the air fryer, start by preheating your air fryer to the desired temperature and lightly greasing the basket with cooking oil or nonstick spray.
- Next, combine your cake ingredients – typically, this will include flour, baking powder, and salt for a basic cake recipe. Follow any additional instructions from your specific air fryer cake recipe.
- Once your ingredients are ready, pour them into the prepared air fryer basket and smooth the top evenly. Then, close the lid and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the cake is golden brown.
- To get the most delicious and evenly baked cake, it is important to keep an eye on your cake as it cooks and adjusts cooking time and temperature as needed. A light-colored air fryer basket can also help minimize browning or burning on the top of your cake.
How to get the cake out of a cake pan?
You can try a few tips and tricks to get your cake out of the pan easily. One option is to line your cake pan with parchment paper, which can help prevent sticking and make lifting the cake out of the pan easier once it has cooled.
You may also want to use a nonstick cooking spray or butter on the sides and bottom of your cake pan before pouring in the batter, which can also help reduce any sticking. Additionally, gently tapping the side of your cake pan after pouring in the batter can help settle any air bubbles and ensure that all cake parts are set evenly during baking.
Another useful tip for getting your cake out of a pan is to run a thin knife along the edges of the cake to separate it from the sides before trying to remove it. This can help loosen any stuck bits and make it easier to slide a spatula or knife underneath the cake when removing.
Finally, if all else fails and your cake still seems stuck, try placing the pan in the freezer for 15-30 minutes before attempting to remove it again. The cool temperature may help ease the process and allow you to get your perfectly baked cake out of the pan with less effort!
How do I store air fryer cake?
Air fryer cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. To prevent drying out or getting stale, you may also wrap your cake tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before refrigerating.
For longer-term storage, cakes can also be frozen and thawed when ready to enjoy. Simply store your air fryer cake in a freezer-safe container and allow it to defrost at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Air fryer cake flavor options
There are endless flavor combinations and possibilities for air fryer cake. Some popular options include classic favorites like apple or chocolate, but you can get creative with more exotic flavors such as lemon curd, red velvet, caramel pecan, or anything else that strikes your fancy!
Just be sure to pay attention to how much moisture each ingredient adds so that you can adjust your batter as needed and avoid a soggy center.
Whether you like classic flavors like apple or chocolate or want to get creative with something a little more out of the ordinary, the air fryer is a great companion. So, why not try it today and start baking some delicious and perfectly baked goods right in your kitchen?
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer is a small electrical appliance that uses high heat and convection currents to cook food quickly and evenly. It typically consists of a heating element, fan, and mesh basket that holds the food while it cooks.
Benefits of cooking cake in an air fryer
There are many different benefits to cooking cake in an air fryer, including:
- Quick and even cooking that results in perfectly baked cake every time.
- Less mess and cleanup since the food is cooked directly in the device’s basket rather than on a baking sheet or pan.
- Versatility, as many air fryers can cook other foods such as French fries, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, and more.
How long does it take to air fry a cake?
The cooking time for air-fried cake will vary depending on the exact size and type of cake you are baking. Generally, it will take around 20-25 minutes to get a golden brown top and an evenly cooked interior. It is important to keep an eye on your cake while it cooks and adjust cooking time as needed based on how quickly or slowly it bakes.
Why is my air fryer cake wet in the middle?
If your cake is wet in the middle, it may be due to different factors. Some possible causes include using too much batter, underbaking the cake, or failing to use proper cooking techniques like stirring to prevent sinking. To remedy this issue, try reducing the batter next time and extending your baking time as needed until you achieve a fully cooked and evenly baked cake.
I’m Godfrey Jensen, CEO and head chef at Lapps Meats. We’re a top-quality butcher with over 70 years of experience. Our goal is to provide our customers with the best, freshest products possible. We take our food seriously, and we love serving the community by providing them with quality meat products.